5 Quick Tips To Improve Overall Health
Well-being is the #1 trend in the world right now and that is for a good reason. Health is paramount.
It does not matter what profession you are in. You could be an athlete or a software engineer or an author. One thing that is required of all people is good health. Therefore, we must make time each day to maintain and enhance it.
Here are 5 tips on becoming a healthier person.
- Exercise 20 minutes to an hour everyday: This goes without saying. Exercise is the single most important thing for our physical maintenance. All it requires of us is only 2-4% of our day… that’s not too much to ask for. Exercise teaches our brain that our behavior matters. It keeps our body active, prevents against all sorts of disease, and promotes a strong mindset.
- Meditate 15- 30 minutes in the morning: Meditation allows us to slow down our thought. It enables us to connect with our subconscious to alleviate stress and anxiety. Most people in elite positions from all professions either meditate or practice mindfulness in some nature. It serves multiple purposes but most importantly, meditation is crucial to enhance healthy and creativity.
- Stretch after waking up and before going to bed: Stretching twice a day keeps our muscles flexible and fit. Making a regular habit of stretching is a great preventative measure to avoid physical injury. Additionally, it serves as a good substitute for days that you are not able to exercise.
- Practice positive thoughts: The Buddha once said, “The mind is everything. What you think, you become.” Our internal dialogue determines our reality and success in all areas of life; physical, mental, professional, relational etc. Make a habit of monitoring your thoughts and shifting the balance of your thoughts from negative to positive.
- Spend time in nature: We are one with nature. The Earth is part of the universe and an extension of our own Self. Therefore, connecting with nature rebalances and revitalizes our entire body to promote mental and physical well being. Taking a walk in the woods, sitting on fresh grass, or strolling on the beach, anything counts.
As you might have noticed, 3 out of 5 tips listed above promote mental health above all else. This is because our mental health determines all other aspects of our lives. Maintaining a healthy positive mind is the first step to building a life that we want and it is crucial for preventing disease or other unwanted situations.
It all starts in the mind. Most people spend a lot of time training their physical bodies but neglect mental health. However, the mind-body connection is stronger than the body-mind connection. The mind is what controls the body, not the other way around. Therefore, once we learn to create a strong mindset, we experience good health as a byproduct in addition to wealth in all other areas of life.
Lastly, if you are interested in additional in in-depth literature on improving your mental and physical health quickly, read “The 4 Hour Body” by Tim Ferris. Tim is a #1 best selling author of multiple books. In the 4-Hour Body, he goes into full detail on various components of enhancing health fast through proven and unconventional methods based on the minimum-effective dose.
Written by Sunny Sharma