Quick Tips: How To Find Your Purpose
We currently live in a world with more diversity than ever before. This is a great thing because diversity means that we have more to choose from. However, more diversity also means that it is tougher to find what really fulfills us.
Here are 5 things you need to know about “finding your purpose” in life.
- You don’t have to just have one. The thing about purpose or passion is that it changes throughout life. It is a false belief that you must choose one occupation and be stuck in that occupation for the rest of your life.
- As cliche as it might sound, you NEED to follow what you like to do. It is as simple as that. What is an activity that you wholeheartedly enjoy doing? What is that one thing you make time to do? What is the thing that makes you lose track of time? Think. (Sidenote, if you think that what you love to do can’t provide you with a source of income, you might be surprised. Nearly everything is able to be monetized these days. It just requires figuring some stuff out.)
- Most people do not have revelations granting them an understanding of what their purpose actually is. The ones who have changed the world or have succeeded and are happy with the work they do simply followed the path of their interest. These people have narrowed out the things that compel them and they follow those impulses with full confidence in their ability to come out on top. There is no software that can grant you a revelation on what your passion is either. Something like this is extremely subjective. Every single person is unique in their own separate way so save yourself some time by avoiding those passion quizzes online. This is a journey you must complete yourself.
- Believe it or not, you have a unique talent. In fact, everyone living on this planet has a unique talent. It is your duty in this life to find that talent so that you can contribute to making the world better in your own unique way. By following what you love to do on the path you feel compelled to go on, you find out more and more about this talent.
- By doing more of what you want to do rather than doing what you think you have to(Due to social norms etc.), bits and pieces of information get revealed to you as you go along your path. This is a tough journey not many embark on because it is full of fear and uncertainty. Which is why, only a few people in this world are able to realize their real calling. They are the brave ones who reach the light at the end of the tunnel. They understand that fear and uncertainty is the breeding ground for creativity and innovation. And most importantly, they do not let critics break their unwavering focus and spirit.
You must have faith in the universe to show you the path. Do what you love and disregard all the critics, all the negative emotions, and the all the limiting beliefs. You are meant to be great. You are meant to change the world. You are meant to live in freedom.
You have the choice of pursuing literally anything that you desire. Through this process, you find things you like and discard things you do not like. As you go farther along this journey, you gain more clarity regarding what brings you happiness and a better understanding of what your purpose is. Believe in yourself and follow your instinct.
Written by Sunny Sharma